The POC yard is best known from delivering floating offshore structures for oil and gas exploration and production purposes for several international energy companies. The platforms include semi-submersible, Jack-up and Spar type hulls. A total of 14 Spar hulls have been constructed at the POC facility in Pori.
A wide range of Subsea equipment, including ILTs/FLETs, Suction piles, Buoyancy cans, Goosenecks, Mudmats, etc, have been produced at the facility during the past 10 years. The deliveries have included large scale testing programs for the units (FAT, EFAT, SIT) During the company’s history more than 150 pieces of large-scale pressure containing equipment have been fabricated at the POC facility in Mäntyluoto.
POC has fabricated a variety of heavy steel structures for different applications in the marine industry, nuclear industry, civil construction and other applications.
POC has delivered EPC projects to major energy companies such as Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, BP, Chevron, Equinor, ExxonMobil, Murphy Oil, Neste, Petrobras, Shell, Tullow Oil and Total.
POC has operated as an EPC contractor in three groundbreaking renewable energy projects: the substructure of the world’s first floating offshore windmill and the foundations for the world’s first offshore windmill/windfarm in heavy ice conditions.
Pori Yard has proven expertise covering construction of exploration and service rigs including
- 14 Spar platforms
- 16 semi-submersible rigs
- 5 jack-up drilling rigs
- 3 drill ships
- Deepwater floating platform for production and drilling with oil / condensate storage options
- Low motions even in harsh environments – support dry trees, steel catenary risers (SCRs) or flexible risers
- Unconditionally stable with simple ballast and marine systems
- Hull fabrication in Pori or locally with Pori supervision (e.g. Kikeh in Malaysia)
- Topsides installation by heavy lift or by catamaran floatover (e.g. Kikeh)
- Full drilling or with tender support
- 14 Spar’s out of the 21 worldwide have been built in Pori
Delivering critical components to some of the most challenging projects in the Gulf of Mexico and West Africa.
- Parking structures
- Pre-Commissioning structures
- Pig Launcher Receivers
- Buoyancy cans for free standing hybrid risers
- Suction piles for manifolds, risers or tethers
Heavy Pressure Vessels
We manufacture heavy pressure vessels and related equipment for the process, gas and power industries.
- Large storage bullets and spheres for LNG, LPG and CO2 including high quality surface protection
- High quality, heavy and moderate size reactors, absorbers and HP separators
Pori Yard has engineered and fabricated the sub-structure for Hywind, the world’s first full scale offshore floating wind turbine, off the Norwegian coast.
By adapting our core competencies, we are able to deliver:
- Sub-structures for deepwater floating wind turbines
- Foundations for shallow water fixed wind turbines
- Floating or fixed sub-structures for substation platforms